Rock the Gibbon™
2 Days: Rock Climbing, Zipline Canopy Tour and Homestay
Price: 6900 Baht/person
Day 1: Rock Climbing at Crazy Horse Buttress
Check out the video below and get excited about rock climbing the Crazy Horse Buttress just outside of Chiang Mai.
This program is an introduction to Top Rope Climbing and Rappelling. It is specifically designed to give novices a fun day 'on the rocks'.
In the morning you will learn basic climbing techniques. These will parallel the introduction to Top Rope Climbing to take place after you enjoy lunch.
After lunch you will take a hike up to the top of the climbing area and learn the basics of setting up a rappel system. The rappelling activity is 100% safe and fully supported by qualified instructors. Finish the day with an exhilarating 50 meter rappel into the mouth of a monstrous cave.
*Our climbing instructors have been certified by North America’s most credible institutions in first aid and rescue techniques. For this package we partner with our friends with the best in Northern Thailand at Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures
After your time on the river, you’ll stay overnight in the beautiful Thai village of Maekampong. Immerse yourself in local Thai culture by staying inside the home of a Thai family. Enjoy a home cooked Thai meal prepared for you by the family. Enjoy a traditional Thai massage during the evening and let it relax away the day's muscle soarness and prepare to sleep well.
In the morning,walk through the beautiful countryside and interact with the local villagers and learn about the traditional crafts and culture.
Day 2: Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Canopy Tour
Start the day with a hearty home cooked breakfast at your homestay, followed by a short jungle trek with an experienced guide exploring the local culture.
Then it's off to continue your adventure of a lifetime flying with Flight of the Gibbon™ – a 3 hour, 5km zipline course high up in the rainforest canopy.
A traditional Thai lunch is included and served on your return to the village. Following lunch, enjoy a vigorous trek beside the impressive Maekampong Falls.
Before you return to the city of Chiang Mai there is an afternoon snack with locally grown organic Arabica coffee.
- One day introductory rock climbing course
- Overnight homestay in Maekampong, with meals, massage and local culture
- 1-day, all-inclusive Flight of the Gibbon zipline canopy tour
- All equipment, safety briefings and lunch, dinner in the homestay, snacks, fruit, water, and insurance.
- Professional guides and instructors*
- Home cooked Thai food
- Education about the rainforest and the amazing Gibbon ape
- Transport in air-conditioned, luxury vans for each stage of your tour
- River sandals or trainers
- A change of clothes
- Money for drinks
- Check seasonally for warmer clothing options in Thai off season and possibly rain gear in rainy season
- Energy for the adventure of a lifetime
THE HIGHEST PRIORITY
IS YOUR SAFETY.
Every person receives a safety briefing and is personally outfitted in the proper gear by one of our highly trained Sky Rangers.